Monday, December 6, 2010

Newspaper

Creating a mega-musical is no easy feat, [duh] even in the hands of U2 megastars Bono and The Edge. "Easier than we could have imagined. Harder than we ever thought," says Bono, [that's saying a lot] resting on a Times Square hotel bed near where "Spider-man: Turn Off the Dark" [what an awful name; how can they do that?] is readying for its first preview. "I mean, easier in the sense that the music came to us effortlessly. [I don't believe it] Dreaming up the show, the scale of it, the flying sequences, the pop art opera [oh, great] that it is - that was all pure joy," he adds. "What we didn't realize was how difficult it is to stage this stuff, both technically and financially." [maybe should have looked into that in the beginning.] (Taken from the November 30-December6 edition of Emerald Valley Shopper.)


I looked at this article and thought it sounded odd. I interjected a few comments throughout the article in green. The topic threw me off, since I had never heard of anything like it before and thought it was a crazy idea. It says later that the mega-musical cost an outrageous amount of money to put together. How much did they have to pay just to use the name and how can they create a good play anyway? There have been enough movies, shows, and comic books that a play seems ridiculous to me. Also, a musical hero show? Come on. Imagine: Spider-man swinging from his webs singing a heavy rock version of, "The itsy bitsy spider crawled up the water spout..." Ha, ha, ha. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Your comments lack punch because they are not organized around a single idea. They ramble through your criticisms without a clear plan.

    ReplyDelete