Monday, April 26, 2010

The Last Olympian

Nico strode forward. The enemy army fell back before him like he radiated death, which of course he did.
Through the face guard of his skull-shaped helmet, he smiled. "Got your message. Is it too late to join the party?"
"Son of Hades." Kronos spit on the ground. "Do you love death so much you wish to experience it?"
"Your death," Nico said, "would be great for me."
"I'm immortal, you fool! I have escaped Tartarus. You have no business here, and no chance to live."
Nico drew his sword -- three feet of wicked sharp Strygian metal, black as a nightmare. "I don't agree."
The ground rumbled. Cracks appeared in the road, the sidewalks, the sides of buildings. Skeletal hands grasped the air as the dead clawed their way into the world of the living.


This is one of my favorite scenes of this book. The book, "The Last Olympian" by Rick Riordan, is the last book(for now) in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series. The formidable Kronos had come to destroy and engulf Olympia and would have too, but for the demigod resistance. At this point in the book, Kronos was winning, when Nico, the son of Hades showed up with an army of dead, that weren't really extirpated. Anyway, throughout the book, I really liked Nico, but he kept getting into trouble and betraying main characters, so he was a bad guy, kinda. But then, he comes and saves the day. Yeah! I was so happy.

PS: Words are from this months vocabulary words.

1 comment: